about.

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Dahlia as a 6 year old.

Dahlia turned six! 6!!! Can you believe that?! I couldn't all day. In the days leading up to her birthday she constantly reminded me of her maturity. "Oh, sippy cups are for babies, I think I can use a grown up cup." or  "waking up early is for 5 year old's" and just like that I was waking her up for school. It was seriously like a light switch flipped and suddenly the cutest little human had turned into an adorable teenager with missing teeth. She is the coolest girl on the planet. I bet you think your kid is too, but you don't know Dahlia and someday she will run this country with those witty comebacks and smile. 

We wanted to invite all of the kiddos from her class to her party so we(ok me) decided on an ice cream social theme. 5 and 6 year olds hopped up on sugar seemed like too good of a time to pass up. So it happened and it was awesome.

First I made invites and that took a really long time. It's a good thing that Netflix exists.

Then the party happened and we had so much fun! Well I mean, I made a lot of crafts and then had many many melt downs and then the party happened. I will spare you those details though, because blogging is supposed to be about how easy and flawless things happen right? Perfect party with no swear words or tears? check and check.



Just so we're clear, this cake made me cry. I am not a baker and last year I swore I would buy a cake and not attempt to make one. Pinterest really makes you feel like you can do it though! BUT I can't. Next year I will probably forget and try again and by the time she turns 40, I will have perfected the birthday cake with poise and grace.
                                                   
 This is Zachary. He is the ultimate photo bomber. He just slide right into to every photo and staked his claim on Dahlia. I'm really glad he's funny AND Dahlia just about died when I invited him over for a play date.



 
Pinata's? I mean, I remember being pretty excited about them, but I had NO IDEA what a hit it would actually be. All the candy got knocked out within 5 minutes but that just meant that we taped it back up so the kids could hit it some more. Also, Dahlia looks like something from Game of Thrones in that last photo so that is neat.

She is such a great kid and I can't wait to see what she brings to the table this year. I'm a pretty lucky lady to know this girl and I can't wait for many more birthdays to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment